All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values.
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
1. Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
2. Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
3. Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
4. All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
5. Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
6. Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.